Last week I had a nice meeting with Parallels in Las Vegas when I learned that a new version of Parallels Mac Management for SCCM was released. Version 3.1 has a lot of fixes but also some new cool features and improvements. Below the following improvements are announced and available from the release notes;
- Added ability to initiate policy download from Mac Client.
- Added ability to uninstall Applications via Parallels Application Portal on Mac.
- Added sorting of applications in Parallels Application Portal.
- PKI certificates are now stored in Keychain on Macs.
- Personal FileVault 2 recovery keys are now stored in Keychain on Macs.
Also several fixes are now available.
Parallels Application Portal Fixes:
- Applications disappeared from Parallels Application Portal when new applications were assigned to Macs in some cases.
- Application installation status was reported incorrectly in some cases.
- New applications did not appear in the list until Parallels Application Portal was restarted.
- Parallels Application Portal crashed sometimes after updating the list of applications.
- Localized application information was not shown in Parallels Application Portal.
- NetBoot configuration utility now checks the correctness of the path to OS X images.
- NetBoot configuration utility didn’t show error messages when admin had insufficient permissions for configuration in some cases.
- NetBoot crashed in Secondary Sites in some cases.
- Proxy configuration utility wasn’t importing Apple Warranty Information and File Vault 2 Information reports in some SCCM installations.
- Software Distribution stopped working after losing Proxy sometimes.
- Network Discovery now works correctly with large number of boundaries.
- Mac Client configuration had incorrect Site Code when enrolled in Secondary Sites manually.
- Duplicate records were created in SCCM when enrolling Mac Clients manually.
- Resource ID changed when Mac Client was reinstalled manually in Secondary Sites.
After my holiday I will be showing you the new features.